Monday, November 15, 2010

I have a message for some offended students

.. I have visited and shook hands with veterans of several generations (WWII to present). I visited one gentleman who saved a wounded comrad in a Viet Nam conflict, I listened to a former Sea Bee tell me “aw hell, we just did we were supposed to do”…… I was numb with humility. Heroes that we’ll never know that have given, in many cases, everything to preserve what we are now witnessing being denigrated, attacked, and dismantled from within…. but that’s another story.

We are enduring the multi-generational disdain for this country that began permeating decades ago, and now those whom were raised in that environment are teaching today’s kids, administering those school policies, running for and often gaining elected office….. or, in many cases… cashing their unemployment checks.

It is a frightening and sad chapter, and this story of the flag really drives it home.

Today, I wish I were born 40 years earlier. I am disgusted.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured article: Beyond Hiroshima - The Non-Reporting of Falluja's Cancer Catastrophe.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment